Puerto Rico Coconut Tree

Puerto Rico Coconut Tree
Aaah...A GREAT tree to relax under!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Work, work, work and more work!

Try as I might today to try and blog something, I found that I had to struggle to find the few minutes to think and write!  I guess this is a woman's life.  With work, school, children and spouse or significant other, one must be a Professional Juggler!! 

This got me thinking about my Aunt's poem and how she stated that we, women, are so complicated.  This is definitely due to the many hats that we wear.  At times it is confusing or hard to get off mommy mode, or we bring our work stress into family life.  These are no-no's and we know this deep down, but don't you find yourselves having an awful day at work, and even more upsetting commute home and then we walk in the door and "ugh, look at this living room!, why are there dishes in the sink?, the dog has pooped or peed on the floor," and you haven't even taken off your coat or put down your purse!  It's like we come in and we survey the whole house in one swoop and the result is more aggravation.  My scenario was, I'd have a fit, then put my coat and purse down, put my hair in a ponytail and find I have to clear the sink and counter tops in order to start cooking!  Then, you know who, is there playing with the remote and here you are having to cook with your work clothing still on!  Being a Latina, I guess I was just born dramatic and hot-tempered.  Try as I may, either I blow up or get a headache from keeping my mouth shut.  Thank God I believe and have faith, if not, I'd go nuts.  In all this mayhem, I look up towards the Heavens and ask God to help me calm down or de-stress me just a bit so I can feed my wonderful family.    Because after all, I love to cook and do love them to pieces even though they drive me nuts! 

Recently, I lost my job because of our wonderful economy and just ruthless administration too.  Funny enough I was not even distraught.  I was RELIEVED!  I guess God, finally answered my prayer of de-stressing!  Careful what you ask for, people always say.  Thankfully though, I got unemployment insurance, took a long overdue vacation (years) and reconnected with my wonderful family in Puerto Rico which I hadn't seen in 10 years!!  I relaxed, got my tan, and returned to the States with a new attitude.  I since have been going to school, just found a part-time job which I can have flex hours and best of all, I work at home, and have more family time and much less anger.  I still have stressful moments but, my rhythm and attitude are different and I now realize how miserable I was before. I also find that music soothes my soul.  Just today, I was all uptight about the calls I took and the tempermental customers! After I was done, I immediately turned to the first source of music I found.  I thanked God for this blog...for it has the link to one of my favorites, Marc Anthony, and it soothed the "savage beast" I had inside roaring to come out. Hearing him sing and hearing the wonderful percussion, wind, and string instruments.  I was able to let all the bad stuff out, breathe evenly, and RELAX.  The moment was over, thank God!

Soo...with all this said, how do you all deal with stress, wind down or do you have any thoughts of life changing events you may want to take place?  Please share with us!

With a whole new outlook on life, I bid you till the next time...hasta luego!

PrincesaGrace :)

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate cause I was laid off while pregnant with Dylan and I remember that day as it were yesterday. I remember crying on the train uncontrollably that I didn't even care that people were staring. I just could not stop and being pregnant did not help the situation. I was an emotional wreeck for a long time. Once I had Dylan he kept me occupied but I never stopped searching for work cause bottom line we just couldnt afford one income, thank God I had my unemployment benefits extended cause I don't know what we would have done. It's true what you said though you have to take it day by day and let life take its course, God works in ways that you just be so surprised. Dylan was almost 2 when I landed my gig and my benefits was running out just around that time. I can't thank God enough and you Grace cause you gave me the referral. I am sure you will find something that is right for you if it is meant to be but you look like you have everything figured out.....so that is a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for friendship, always good when you have someone to talk to you or lean on or even just listen. Nice to know we have each other love ya chica! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you my love.we are a great team :)

    ReplyDelete