Puerto Rico Coconut Tree

Puerto Rico Coconut Tree
Aaah...A GREAT tree to relax under!

Monday, April 11, 2011

GO FOR IT!! CHANGE IS GOOD! -- EL CAMBIO ES BUENO, HAGALO!

As a single mom, I can say life is very challenging at times.  As most of you know, I became unemployed almost a year ago (May makes one year).  I was used to making the bucks since I worked as a Legal Assistant in New York.  This month, thanks to a dear old high school friend, I found a part-time WAH (work-at-home) position which allows me to supplement my very budgeted funds and attend school.  I started attending an Institute to earn a certification in Medical Billing last Monday (a 9-month program).  I had been anxious, especially about my first test, and I think over-killed the studying a bit!  But, as you can imagine, I feel very pressured to succeed, as this may very well be my only way of earning money to survive!  Granted, it will not be anything close to the finances, the family is used to, but it sure will be more than the unemployment insurance is providing right now  :)   So, I am HAPPY to report that I got a 100% in my first exam WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhoooooooooo...God is good!  Just proves, you are never too old to learn, or go back to school or even change careers!  So for those of you struggling, or unhappy or just contemplating a change in careers, GO FOR IT!!!  You can do it! 

Ciao!  I hope to report more successful results and also hope to inspire others as well.

SI SE PUEDE (YES WE CAN)!

PrincesaGrace :)

4 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOOO!!! Congrats! I am in awe of all single moms who do it well, mommy-hood is crazy enough, but you brave it alone and that is AWESOME! You go girl ;)

    I love your blog and have awarded you "Versatile Blogger" Award!

    Head over to my post and claim your award!


    Lori
    http://chroniclesofacrazymom.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH Thank you Lori, I got all misty. Will be returning the visit to your blog :)

    PrincesaGrace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the decision to go back to school. I have thought about changing my career as well. Been praying about going to school and get another degree. Way to go on that 100%....you were always a good student!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Raiza! I say work that faith and just go for it! Sometimes in addition to praying, we must put things into action and just take that leap of faith...try it, it may be just what "the doctor ordered"!

    Con mucho carino,

    PrincesaGrace :)

    ReplyDelete