Puerto Rico Coconut Tree

Puerto Rico Coconut Tree
Aaah...A GREAT tree to relax under!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Words of Wisdom from my Titi Diana -- QUICKNESS TO ANGER...Hmmm....

Do you get angry quickly, I sure do.  Try as I may to work at it, and sometimes I do improve, but the "old flame" in me rises again.  My Titi posted this on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tales-of-Two-Latinas/192462680791851) and I felt it was worth posting here too :)  The instructions of listen, be slow to speak, and slow to wrath, hit home for me; read on, it might hit the spot for you too. 
  

Anger and listening are like oil and water: Have you ever felt angry over bad
treatment? What truth might get rid of the anger you feel?
 
The book of James gave three guideline for anyone who feels the sting of anger:
      First, be willing to listen. Give the person your're angry with a chance to defend themselves and
explain their actions....
      Second, be "slow to speak", Meditate and look at the situation from all angles before you respond.
      And lastly, be "slow to wrath". Calm yourself; seek self-control with the help of the Holy Spirit.
 
If you follow these practical steps when you feel angry, you will become aware of the love God want you to share with others. James 1:19-20 "So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God."
 
WE ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR THOUGHTS, WORDS OF WISDOM, FUNNIES OR ADVENTURES AS WELL :) 
 
Hasta luegito!
 
PrincesaGrace

No comments:

Post a Comment